Sunday, June 19, 2011

3 months

I can't believe my baby turned 3 months old this week!  Before we know it, he'll be running around here like a maniac.  I still shocks me how much he's grown...from being a premie to this...


Can you believe the difference 3 months makes?!?



 Look at those thighs!!  I love it!
Your biggest milestone to date?  TEETHING!  I can't believe it.  For the last couple of weeks, we have noticed a little white under his bottom gums, but the last couple days, he has been drooling, which is VERY unlike him.  And today, not only was he a drooling machine, he was super cranky all morning!  So, it looks like we may see those bottom teeth earlier than expected.

Another adorable milestone...you have started imitating.  Sometimes it's just facial expressions (in fact, he had somewhat of a staring contest with our friend, J.D., tonight, all the while trying to imitate the faces J.D. was making).  And he LOVES when we make our lips shake (not quite sure how else to describe it) and trying to copy it himself.  He's gotten much better at it through this last week, even since this video was taken:


Felix has been doing really well at day care.  He started full time on June 6th.  His teachers tell me he LOVES to watch all the kids, a trait which they say is more indicative of "second children."  Not surprising at all considering what people watchers Scott and I are.  The only down side (well it's a good and bad thing) is that he is exhausted when he gets home at night.  I usually pick him up between 5:30 and 6:00 pm and try my best to get him to 7 pm before we give him a bath and start the bedtime process.  Lately, though, he's been getting cranky right when I get him home and I can get about 15 minutes out of him before needing to get things going.  

On another note, our lives will be getting very interesting next week.  Scott will be starting a new job in Hoboken in a week.  It's a wonderful opportunity for him and us with one of the biggest publishing companies in the world...a company that went completely unaffected by the recession...a company he very well may never have to leave.  And, eventually, he will only be working 2-3 days in the office and the rest of the time from home.  But, in the meantime, he will be leaving the house at around 5-5:30am and not getting home until at least 7 pm.  So, Felix and I will need to get used to a new routine every day!  Wish us luck!!

O, and Scott and I had our very first date night on Friday.  We're starting slow because I've had some trouble leaving the baby since starting work again (I feel like I never get to see him anymore).  We had my mom and sister come over and after we put Felix to bed we went to dinner.  We were torn between dinner and a movie, but ultimately, we wanted to be able to talk baby free.  Too bad the restaurant I picked had a band playing and we could barely hear each other!!  But it was still nice to get out, just the two of us!

1 comment:

  1. Teething? I can't believe it!
    The imitation is adorable, as are his fat little thighs! I LOVE fat baby thighs.

    ReplyDelete