Tuesday, November 29, 2011

8 Months

This little boy....






...is not so little anymore!

I can't believe the year is almost over!

I have definitely seen the biggest changes in Felix over the last couple of weeks.  He is MUCH more vocal and studies things more than he ever has before.

Still no teeth.  He keeps having these weeks where he chews on everything and grinds his gums together, but then it goes away.  I, myself, did not get a tooth until I was EIGHTEEN months old...let's pray I don't pass that one on to my son!

Still no crawling, but I have a feeling he's going to go right to walking...someday.  It doesn't help that he's figured out how to get to what he wants by rolling, scooting and folding himself in half to reach things (I, unfortunately, passed my long torso and short legs on to my son).

We also made it over 8 months before Felix had his first ear infection.  Unfortunately, that fell right about the same time as Felix's first Thanksgiving.  Luckily, the one day he seemed to be in the least amount of pain last week was Thanksgiving Day.  He came down with a nasty cold and ear infection earlier that week and still has the remnants of a cough, but is 100% better now.  Unfortunately, he passed it onto Scott who, in turn, passed it on to me.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my body fights it off before it gets any worse.

Felix's next check-up isn't for another month, but he was weighed (albeit, with his clothes and diaper on) when we took him to the doctor  last week and came in at about 19 lbs 7 oz.

I'm convinced this kid was born with what I like to call the "vroom vroom" gene.  He loves anything with wheels, especially trucks.  We bought him a little ride on CAT truck at Costco this weekend, that also came with a smaller CAT truck, some large Legos and a tool kit.  I've never seen him so interested in anything.

Felix has started dancing, which is absolutely adorable.  Of course, he does it while sitting and just rocks side to side on his butt anytime he hears music he likes.

A few weeks ago, Felix started shaking his head "no".  If you say "no" to him or shake your head, he'll do it right back.  And if you nod your head and say "yes"...well, he'll still shake his head no.  But he's getting there!

He is also starting to imitate a lot more...he smacks his lips and does fish faces when I do them...most of the time.

And for awhile there, I actually got him to say Momma.  I just kept repeating "Momma Momma Momma" to him and he, eventually, started saying it back.  Whether or not he really knows what it means, we'll never know.  BUT for about a week straight, anytime he wanted anything, he would keep saying it over and over and over and over...guess it's a sign of things to come!

Best of all...Felix has learned how to hug.  It gives me goosebumps every time he does it!

We have also been Skyping every couple of weeks with Felix's Aunt Nicole, Uncle Dan and cousin Grayson.  This last time he got very excited, but he's changed so much in the last couple of weeks, I'm excited to see how he reacts the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment