Thursday, May 19, 2011

Two Months!

I can't believe my little boy is already two months old! Officially, he turned two months this past Sunday, but I wanted to wait until I got his stats at his two month physical yesterday before I posted.  Here's what our little boy looks like now:






Baby Smiles!!

Totally done with the photo shoot!

If you haven't noticed, I had a hard time picking which pictures to post.  I can't believe how different he looks now!







As of yesterday, Felix now weighs 11 lbs 12.5 oz and is 22.5 inches long.  Although I'm super happy with his weight gain, I was convinced he was already over 12 lbs.  

Getting his first vaccinations was a nightmare!  The look of terror on his face while he screamed bloody murder made it very hard for me to fight back tears.  He, understandably, hasn't been himself since.  I have spent the last couple nights sleeping with you in the glider.  As much as I love that time with you, I'm really hoping it doesn't happen again tonight.

Updates:
  • You started smiling AT people a couple weeks ago.
  • This weekend, you reached for me when you were hungry.
  • You started babbling a lot more last week.
  • You refuse to take the bottle or a pacifier from me, but will take then from other people (most of the time).
  • You have definitely started comfort nursing.
  • We transitioned you to sleeping in your own room a couple days ago, though you are still sleeping in the Rock N' Play.
  • You were sleeping at least one six hour stretch at night, but not so much the last couple of weeks.
  • You have been eating every 1.5-2 hours during the day the last couple of weeks.  
  • You still fart ALL the time!
  • You are not as enthusiastic about tummy time anymore and, more often than not, fall asleep when I put you on your tummy.   
  • Your bouts of hiccups seem to be slowing down, but seem much worse when you do get them now.
  • Your poopy diapers have slowed down a bit, but still more then the normal two a day.
  • You are completely grown out of your newborn clothes and have gotten too long for your short sleeve 0-3 month onesies.
  • You still hate having your hands confined.
  • You still have the remnants of that scar on your nose.
  • Your tear ducts seem to have cleared up, but you still occasionally get some goop on your left eye.
  • So far, your eyes are still dark blue.
  • We are trying to avoid putting you in your crib when it's not bed time, since I think you have started associating it with play time.
Well, I go back to work next week and am dreading taking you to day care.  Although, I have to say I'm am very comfortable with the day care we have chosen.  Thank god!  I was able to finagle a part-time schedule for the next two weeks, so I only need to go in the office one day each of those weeks and work from home part-time as well (that should be easy...yeah, right).  I can't believe my time home with you is almost over.  
I never imagined myself ever desiring to be a stay at home mom, but the thought has definitely crossed my mind over the last couple of months.  While I would love to stay home, I know I would eventually get stir crazy.  And as hard as it is for me to leave Felix every day, I know going to day care will be good for his socialization.  

We had quite a bit of visiting with family this past weekend/week.  My youngest sister came home a couple weeks ago and was able to meet Felix for the first time (even though she saw him once in the NICU after he was born).  

First meeting (and Christa's first time holding a baby)

He also got to meet several of Scott's family member this past weekend, as well as a few of our friends.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures while we were at either event and have to ask others for them.  

My Nonna also came to visit for this week so she could spend some more time with him.  Here's the product of our little photo shoot from today:








 "Can we please stop with the camera?"

 I realized today that I have NO pictures of just me and Felix!


 Testing out his high chair for the first time...maybe Mommy can get some cooking done now!


My other sister comes home tomorrow!  WOOHOO!  Felix is SO excited to meet her this weekend!! And he can't wait to meet his cousin, Grayson, and his Aunt and Uncle next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment