Friday, July 29, 2011

4 Months!

Felix is 4 months old!!  Well...he's about four and a half months now.

As of his last doctor's appointment last week, he weighed in at 14 lbs 6 oz (40th percentile) and 24.5 inches (32nd percentile).  Big boy!  He did great with his second round of shots too...he only cried for a few minuted.  I did wind up giving him his first dose of Tylenol that night though...every time he moved his legs he cried out in pain...poor kid!

Here's the little goon...such a little chunk!


I know I say it every month, but I can't believe how much he's changed in just four short months:




Here's some of his milestones lately...definitely the most noticeable yet. Don't mind my date references...since this is, essentially, Felix's baby book, I am doing my best to keep track with as much detail as possible.

  • You started laughing out loud a bit on June 24, 2011
  • You were transitioned to your crib on June 24, 2011.  You had already been sleeping in your room for awhile, just in the Rock N' Play and you had already been consistenly sleeping through the night by that time. It was a Friday when we made the transition...you woke up once that night and once Saturday night (although, your dad will tell you it was my fault for starting the dishwasher and making too much noise), but by Sunday, you were sleeping through the night in your crib.
  • You started noticeably grabbing your toys on June 24, 2011.
  • Your first "real" laugh was on July 3, 2011, while we were driving around the cape.  I was playing with you in the back when it happened.  It only happened a couple times and not again until July 13, 2011.  Now I can usually throw you into a giggle fit once a day.  On July 19-20, 2011, I had you hysterical for nearly five minutes playing in your room, before it wore you out!
  • We first noticed you becoming exceptionally vocal on July 3, 2011, while eating breakfast at the Pancake Man in Cape Cod.  You have been consistently vocal since July 14, 2011.
  • You started grabbing and becoming enthralled with your rattles on July 5, 2011
  • You started realizing what it takes for your jumperoo to make noise around July 9, 2011.
  • The first and only time I've ever seen you reach for anyone was at day care, on July 13, 2011, when you reached for one of your teachers.  It broke my heart!  While you've lunged for me before and stared me down until I picked you up, you haven't actually reached out for me yet.
  • You've been lunging at things you want, like me/dad and your jumperoo or pirate blanket, for a while now.
  • You held your own bottle at day care on July 20, 2011.  I still need to get the pictures as evidence.  I was shocked when your teacher told me!
  • Over the last month and a half, you have also developed your different forms of crying...you have your real cry, your pretend cry where you stare at us and make a crying sound (without any tears, shaking hands/body, etc.) and then there are times where you just scream at us until you get what you want.
  • You've got a pretty good routine going...once daddy gets home from work, you take a bath and then are usually in bed by about 8pm...that is unless I fall asleep in the glider with you while nursing...then you wind up in your crib around 9pm.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment