Wednesday, October 20, 2010

15 Weeks and the Emergence of the Belly


As you can see, my belly is definitely starting to protrude.  Although, I have to say, it is definitely not this big in the morning. 

We went to visit our first day care facility today.  I think it was a bit of a shock to both of us.  It looks like a prison hospital ward and had an overall "cold" feeling.  I knew this was going to be hard for me, but it may prove to be harder then I thought.  Most of you who know me know that I have a hard time trusting anyone, which just seems to be getting worse the older I get (funny seeing as when I was younger I trusted  anyone and everyone way too much).  So that will most likely be the first hurdle for me to get over.  I think once we start looking at more places, we will find a place that feels right to both of us.

I had a mini-meltdown this week.  I had a doctor's appointment Monday and found out I have gained 9 pounds since my first appointment.  I know some of you may think I'm being ridiculous about the weight gain and you may be right.  But it's something I never imagined to be as hard as it is.  I have gone up a total of 3 dress sizes so far, although I know much of it is due to the increase in breast size.  I have completely stopped weighing myself at home and limit my weigh-ins only to the doctor's office.  I also do not look at the actual weight on the scale when I'm there and, instead, just ask for my total weight gain.  Now that I'm starting to show, I think it will become much easier.  

Another new development.  I have officially decided that I'd like to go through labor and delivery med-free.  However, I know that the unexpected often happens and will not force myself beyond what I'm comfortable with once I go into labor.  We've decided to take a 12-week course in the Bradley Method, which prepares you and your body, as well as your birth coach (Scott), for a med-free birth.  I think most of my apprehension stems from the fact that I am more nervous for an epidural then the actual delivery and I really hate the idea of being numb through the labor and delivery.  So there's not much else we can do other than be prepared for any situation. 

I think it's about that time to start completing the weekly pregnancy quiz, so I'll end with that...

How Far along: 15 Weeks 2 Days

Weight gain: 9 lbs as of Monday's doctor's appointment

Maternity Clothes?: For the most part.  I only have two pairs of maternity pants that I can wear to work and one pre-pregnancy pair of pants that I can wear with the BeBand.  While I don't necessarily need them, they are SO comfortable.  I don't think I will ever want to go back to regular pants! As far as shirts, I do a mixture, but for the most part wear a tank and cardigan to work.  Pretty soon, I'm going to have to invest in some suits/dresses for when I have to go to court.

Stretch Marks?: Nope.  I have been slathering myself with Palmer's lotion every morning.  I know a lot of people don't believe it works and it could just be in my head.  But if it makes me happy in my head, I guess that's enough.  I have also heard stretch marks are hereditary and my mom never got them, so I have my fingers crossed.

Sleep?: Much better since I bought my Snoogle.  I was sleeping horribly for weeks.  It got a bit uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach, which is what I'm used to.  So I tried to sleep on my side, as recommended for pregnant women, but would constantly rolled on my back.  Scott told me every time I'd roll on my back, I'd begin hyperventilating my sleep, so he'd wake me up to roll over several times throughout the night.  The Snoogle has really helped.  I usually put it behind me to stop me from rolling onto my back. However, I do occasionally wake up on top of the pillow...

Best Moment this week?: Listening to the baby's heartbeat again.

Movement?: Nothing yet.

Food Craving?: Nothing in particular.  Usually, it's more that I'll see someone eating something or someone will bring something up and, all of a sudden, I want it!

Gender?: We'll find out on November 19th at the Anatomy Scan!!

Labor Signs: Way too early for that!

What I miss?: Hearing the comments from people with zero tact.

What I'm looking forward to?: Our next appointment...the Anatomy Scan!  And our first Bradley Method class next Tuesday.

Emotions: It can change in a split second!  I seriously could be angry one minute and hysterical laughing the next...very confusing.

5 comments:

  1. you are so damn cute. love that belly, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww another beautiful mom to be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Danielle.
    You look great, congratulations.
    My grand mom had 16 kids med-free, my grand father was the only one there to help her out, I'm talking about 80 years ago, and they did good, so I m sure you will be fine.
    any way amiga buena suerte, good luck my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous. You will be fine mama. If if makes you happy, then do it. Loved, Loved my Snoogle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you put a picture of your Snoogle up? lol I really want to see it!

    ReplyDelete