Sunday, October 31, 2010

16 Weeks (almost a week late)

I know this post is a bit late, but I DID take the picture on time this week, so here's Monday's pic...


It's been a bust week.  Last Saturday (a week ago), we went to my fabulous friend's birthday/costume party...here's some pics...

Scott and I as Mario and Luigi

And the birthday girl!

Last Sunday, we took some time to go pumpkin/apple picking, in the midst of all the work and errands.. 

Monday, I started my prenatal yoga class (every Monday) at the maternity clothing store in Danbury.  It was a little less workout intensive and a little more stretching and meditation then I would've liked, but I think it will be beneficial in the long run.  Seeing as my stress level has been through the roof lately, anything I can do to calm myself down throughout the week sounds good to me.

On Tuesday, we started our 12-week Bradley Method class.  As I said in my last post, I would really like to get through this labor and delivery med-free.  While Bradley promotes this, it doesn't force it upon you, which I love.  The class prepares you for all the choices you have to better enable you to make those decisions. They also have a lot of "guest speakers" such as a doula (to help you decide if you would like one), a masseuse, an acupuncturist/acupressurist and a nutritionist.

I can't say this week was the easiest work week I have had.  I've started becoming very concerned about my stress level.  Lately, I can actually feel my stress level elevate very quickly.  Since I'm pretty concerned about the consequences of that (i.e., the possibility of winding up on bed rest), I have continued to do my best to leave work by 5-5:30pm every day.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  

Yesterday, we went to the annual Collinsville Halloween Parade and hung out with Scott's family...hlways a great time! Here's some pictures:









The ring made BIG circles around my belly...
an indication there's a little girl in there.  
I guess we'll see if it was right in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment