Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Remember Me?

I know it's been awhile...it's been an busy couple of weeks.  We went out to Indiana to visit my sisters a couple of weeks ago.  The trip was way too short, but I'm glad we got to visit.  I'm hoping to get back out there for at least one more weekend before the baby comes.  

I was also able to spend some time (although not nearly enough) with my two old friends, Rob and Jen, this weekend.  It still amazes me that you can get so busy that you can't find time to see people that live less then 2 hours away! 

These last couple of weeks, I've begun to experience some of the not so glamorous symptoms of pregnancy, including constipation and severe headaches (I'm sure you all wanted to know that). But I've also started feeling more comfortable in general.  My bloat has almost completely disappeared, which feels SO much better!

I also think I'm beginning to feel a little better about my weight gain.  I have had a much more difficult time then I ever would have expected with the pregnancy weight gain.  For those of you who don't know, I used to be much heavier then I am now.  About four a half years ago, I lost about 40 pounds through Weight Watchers.  So, while the doctor says the weight I have gained is right on track for an average pregnancy, seeing those numbers on the scale go up hasn't been the easiest thing to accept.  

This past couple of weeks, I have also started to stock up on some maternity clothes.  I could definitely get away with wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes--using the extenders for many of my pants, etc.--but maternity pants keep the pressure off my belly.  I still switch back and forth between my old and new clothes and, for the most part, still wear my pre-pregnancy clothes outside of work.  

So far, I have found some really good buys at Old Navy, Target, and Kohls.  I also ordered a few things from JCPenney, but most of them are going back as they are HUGE even though they are a size small.  I have been stocking up on a lot of cardigans (maternity and non-maternity) with tanks and camis for underneath.  I figured this was a good way to get some new clothes for work without feeling like I was wasting a ton of money, since I could continue to wear the cardigans post-pregnancy.  A couple purchases I am dreading....a winter coat and a business suit...neither is going to be cheap.

So, now that I've babbled about the time I've been away, here are some long overdue pictures...

 13 Weeks 3 days
14 weeks

You can definitely see the belly now, although some days it's there and some days it's not, so we'll see how I look next week.  Don't mind my completely disheveled look...I was going on 24 hours with a migraine by this point.

And here's some pictures from our visit to Indiana a couple weeks ago:





Love watching the games from the box!

 Allie's Birthday Dinner!



Too many saki bombs for Scott!





Saki Saki Saki BOMB! 



1 comment: