Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Big E, 12 Weeks Preggers and First Trimester Screening

We've been busy!  We spent all day Saturday at the Big E to celebrate Scott's birthday.  We enjoyed good friends and beautiful weather (although a bit too hot at times) and ate ourselves stupid.  I am almost ashamed to say everything I put in my belly that day, but keep in mind that I seldom ate anything on my own.  For the most part, Scott and I split everything or I just had a bite or two of someone's food.  Well, here goes nothing (in no particular order)...
  • Lobster Roll
  • Clam Chowder Bread Bowl
  • Loaded Maine Baked Potato
  • Corn on the Cob (I chose not to have mine dipped in butter)
  • Flat Bread Pizza
  • Lobster Ravioli
  • Pumpkin Ravioli
  • Macaroons
  • Apple Cider Donuts
  • Corn Dog
  • Apple Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream
  • Craz-E Burger (I couldn't even fathom having more than a bite of this)
  • Apple Slices
Here are a few pictures to go along with that visual...











I actually made it all the way to Monday morning before I started to feel sick from everything I ate that day, but it was so worth it!

On another note...I hit 12 weeks yesterday!  Here is the new belly pic...


Definitely starting to see a little something...although it could still just be bloat.  I was super excited at my appointment last week when the doctor told me I had only gained 4 lbs since my 6 week appointment.  It may not look like it, but it easily feels like an extra 20!

Scott and I also went to my first trimester screening this morning.  Because the baby was being stubborn (big shocker), she/he wouldn't turn the way the technician needed her/him too, so we were able to watch our baby on the ultrasound screen for nearly a hour until the doctor came in and, miraculously, got the baby to turn the right way.  In the meantime, we were able to get some amazing shots!  


As we were trying to get the baby to move to the right position, he/she just 
kicked up a leg, put his/her hands behind his/her head and just laid back (above)!




It's amazing how much the baby moves around when I still can't feel it!  The doctor said everything looks great!  I am still measuring right on for an April 11, 2011 due date and it doesn't look like we have a high risk for down syndrome.  We will be having our anatomy scan (another ultrasound) at about 18-20 weeks to find out the sex...stay tuned!

Almost forgot....Scott gave me my anniversary present early (our first anniversary is on Sunday) and I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment