Tuesday, February 8, 2011

31 Weeks

(Picture taken at 31 Weeks)
How Far along: 31 Weeks 1 Day

Weight gain: About 34 lbs (I gained 4 pounds as of my last appointment).
 
Maternity Clothes?: Almost exclusively.  However, as some of you know, I have an extraordinarily long torso (with short stubby legs).  Unfortunately, that means a lot of my maternity shirts, especially my tank tops, are already too short on me.  On the plus side, that means I haven't experienced the elusive rib shots (yet).

Stretch Marks?: Nope, but I keep thinking I see them and having Scott look to confirm whether or not I do.  I think it's more that my skin is very pale, so the ridiculous amounts of blue veins running through my belly are distracting me! 

Sleep?: Pretty good.  I've started waking up about once a night on most nights to use the bathroom, but I'm not complaining.  It could be worse!

Best Moment this week?: A few things this week.  First, Scott came home from his business trip Friday night! 

I also had a doctor's appointment on Friday...the first one where I actually left comfortable.  I had a great nurse, who was very careful not to tell me my actual weight (unlike ALL the others), and just told me the amount I gained since the last appointment.  I gained 4 pounds, so just over a pound a week since my last appointment.  I mentioned to her that I just couldn't seem to slow the weight gain down at all, no matter how healthy I ate.  She said first time mom's usually gain more then the recommended 25-35 lbs and that she gained 65 lbs with her first and lost it all within 6 months.  She also said that it seems like I was carrying all the weight in my belly, so there was nothing to worry about. 

I think the last doctor I saw (who lectured me about my weight gain) made a notation in my file because my doctor also brought up the subject when she came in.  She said that she is not concerned with my weight gain at all and that I could stand to gain a bit more than the recommended average of 25-35 lbs.  She also said everything is measuring right on schedule! 

AND, yesterday, three of the women in my office surprised me with this gift on my chair!  So nice of them!! 





Movement?: ALL THE TIME...and I love it!! 

Food Craving?: Nothing in particular...although, I have been addicted to pretzels lately.

Gender?: Boy!

Labor Signs: No thank you!

What I miss?:  I can't think of anything right now actually.
 
What I'm looking forward to?: Our trip to DC this weekend!  Scott and I decided to head down to DC for Henry Rollins' new spoken word show...taped live...at National Geographic...only 300 people.  The show isn't until Sunday night, so Monday should be LOTS of fun, but so worth it.

Also, construction should be starting on the basement next week.  It's been delayed two weeks so far due to the weather and I'm starting to get anxious that it won't be done in time, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
 
Emotions: Pretty even actually.  Although, I've noticed I get anxious a little more easily then normal when I start thinking of all the things left on my to-do list.  I'm hoping to knock a good amount of them off by the end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment