Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Starting to tell!!

It's so nice to finally start telling people that we're pregnant!!  Last night, we had dinner with my parents and youngest sister.  She left today to begin college in Indiana, so we gave her a "going away present."  It was an "I Love My Aunt" frame that said "Coming Soon" where the picture goes.  It took her a minute to get it, but the tears started flowing once she did!  I think everyone was in a bit of shock, but VERY excited!  

And I just got the phone call from Indiana...my parents gave my other sister her "gift."  Apparently, she didn't quite get it and her response was "what the hell is this?"  HAHA.  Of course, until my dad put me on the phone to confirm the news.  I do wish my sisters were going to be here through my pregnancy, but I'll keep them updated through pictures and skype.

We are still keeping our news quiet, until after Labor Day weekend when we go out to Ohio to visit Scott's parents and meet our new nephew! I think the only other people we will tell before then is Scott's youngest brother and his wife.  We plan to have dinner with them this weekend.

In other news, we have our first ultrasound tomorrow.  We can't wait!!  We will finally find out exactly how far along I am and our estimated due date! 

2 comments:

  1. Our reactions were delayed b/c you guys lied to us saying you weren't trying!!!!!

    Love you,
    C + A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle... we are too similar.... we told our parents by giving our moms bibs that said "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's!". Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete