Wednesday, January 19, 2011

28 Weeks and Nursery Progress

(Picture taken at 28 Weeks 1 Day)
How Far along: 28 Weeks 2 Days

Weight gain: Nearly 30 pounds.  I came very close to crying in the doctor's office, but was able to hold back until I left.  I saw a new doctor for my last appointment since I am at the point where I need to meet the others in the practice since Baby B will be delivered by whoever is on call.  When I asked how much weight I had gained, and heard the number, I asked her if there was anything I could do because I generally eat healthy (minus the occasional party or event) and, for the most part, only eat when.  Basically, I expressed my concerns that I have not been going overboard but cant't seem to slow down the weight gain.  Her response was "Well, I've never delivered a 40 lb baby...you're at nearly 30 lbs now and have 13 weeks to go, so you better watch it."  I really hope this woman is not on call when I go into labor.
 
Maternity Clothes?: Almost exclusively.

Stretch Marks?: Nope...still slathering with Palmers every day.

Sleep?: Pretty good.

Best Moment this week?: Painting the nursery and setting up the furniture.

Movement?: Yes!  Today, it seems he has found his way back to my sciatic nerve.  Made for an interesting walk on the treadmill tonight!

Food Craving?: Today, all I wanted was salt and chocolate...leading me to get chocolate covered pretzels, the best invention ever!

Gender?: Boy!

Labor Signs: No thank you!

What I miss?:  My feet...Monday afternoon I noticed my shoes felt tighter then usual.  I kicked them off under my desk and thought they looked swollen, but convinced myself it was all in my head....that is until I came home and Scott said they looked puffy.  Damn!  It has begun!!  I'm sure it will get worse and they really aren't that swollen.
 
What I'm looking forward to?: Putting up the chair rail in the nursery this weekend and and starting to order decorations for the room.
 
Emotions: Generally upbeat...minus the occasional strike of nesting anxiety (hence why I was cleaning house at midnight last night).

Some pictures of the nursery progress (be warned, the walls are not gray, as it seems in the pictures, and the furniture will likely be rearranged):








1 comment:

  1. You look fabulous and the nursery is just TOO cute. I love the colors of the wall with the color wood you chose. Awww so cute.

    ReplyDelete