Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bahamas

I completely forgot to update everyone on our trip to the Bahamas last month.  We went for the weekend of my birthday.  While it was only 2 nights, we knew we wouldn't have time to take another trip like that before the baby is born, so we took advantage.  Luckily, we had won two free nights at any Sandals during our honeymoon.  We had initially planned a week long trip to Jamaica in October, but wound up having to cancel.  Since it was going to be such a short trip, we decided to go to the closest location available.  

I have to say, while we had a great time and it was nice to get away, it wasn't all that much different then vacationing in Florida.  First, the weather is identical, considering it's only about a 45 minute flight from Miami.  Also, it is VERY Americanized...a little too much for my taste, but I know a lot of people who prefer that.  I think if we ever go back, we will stay at Atlantis.  I've heard great things about it.  If our trip had been longer, we probably would have done a day trip there, but maybe next time!

I'll leave you with some pictures:

 Scott relaxing with a cigar and a drink...for both of us!

 Biggest pool table I've ever seen

 A view of the Sandals private island in the distance

The building our room was in

 Cruise ship heading to the area near Atlantis

Sandals private island

Sandals private island...waiting for the boat back to the resort

Relaxing before we have to catch our flight home

 Relaxing on our last day




About to head back to the airport

No comments:

Post a Comment