Wednesday, January 26, 2011

29 Weeks!

(Taken on Monday, at 29 Weeks exactly)

Wow!  Apparently my lack of sleep on Sunday night showed a lot more then I thought!  

What is going on with this weather?!?  I have never been scared to drive in the snow, but lately I have been MUCH more protective of the baby, which means being very apprehensive about situations where I could get hurt.  That includes 3 hour drives to work or two hour drives home from work with an inch of snow coating the highway!  

As I type, Mother Nature is dumping what is said to be another foot of snow on us.  Hopefully , (1) the roads will be cleared by the time I get up in the morning; or (2) my office will open late; or (3) the Mayor of our town will once again declare a Level 3 snow emergency, ordering all non-four-wheel drive vehicles to stay off the road.  Who wants to guess which one I'm hoping for??

Lots of very exciting events coming up:

First, we have construction starting on our basement to create our new office, playroom, half bath and storage areas.  That means we'll be able to get ALL the rooms organized and ready before the baby gets here!

Second, Scott has his first business trip coming up next week...to Miami!  While I can't say I'm thrilled to be without him for a few days (hello, pregnancy hormones!), I am super excited he has finally gotten this opportunity!  He's been lobbying for this since he started working for this company.  And he'll be broadcasting live from the show, so I can watch him whenever I wan while he's gone.  ;-)

Third, we decided to schedule a 3d/4d ultrasound for this weekend.  We had, initially, decided it wasn't something we really wanted to do.  But, lately, Scott has been dying to see Baby B on the big screen again.  We thought it was the perfect time, just before he goes away.  Unfortunately, there are not many places in the area that offer it...only two in Connecticut to be exact, and both of them are over an hour away from us.  Luckily, we found a place in Westchester that just happens to be open on Sunday!  Stay tuned for pics and possibly even video!

Lastly, we have our hospital tour scheduled for tomorrow.  The pamphlet I got at the doctor's office says the hospital offers an alternative birthing room, which I am very excited to see.  There is a free-standing birthing center across the street from the hospital, Scott and I were more comfortable delivering in a hospital...at least for the first baby.

On to something that needs to be done....CLEANING!  While I have done a very good job keeping the house "tidy," meaning things are put in their placed the majority of the time, the place is starting to border on embarrassing.  So, I will be spending the majority of my free time this weekend scrubbing and vacuuming!

Wow...that was a mouthful.  On to the weekly quiz:

How Far along: 29 Weeks 2 Days

Weight gain: Nearly 30 pounds as of my last doctor's appointment...next appointment in a week from today.
 
Maternity Clothes?: Almost exclusively.

Stretch Marks?: Nope.

Sleep?: Good for the most part.  I have a bad night a couple times a week, but or the most part I sleep through the night, without any bathroom breaks or excessive baby acrobats.

Best Moment this week?: Scott and his brother finishing the chair rail in the nursery!  Now just need to finish caulking/painting it and cleaning the room and we can put the furniture where it belongs and get to decorating!

Movement?: Yes!  Starting Monday, I can feel him move pretty much all day long.  I've become mesmerized and find myself watching my stomach contort most of the day!

Food Craving?: Sweets.  I've had a nasty chocolate craving at night.  Luckily, we don't keep much in the house.

Gender?: Boy!

Labor Signs: No thank you!

What I miss?:  My sex drive!  Sorry, I know that may be TMI, but c'mon...it is a pregnancy blog!
 
What I'm looking forward to?: Seeing Baby B on the 3d/4 ultrasound this weekend!
 
Emotions: Really great lately.  Even Scott said today that, in the last couple of weeks, I've been in a better mood then I have the whole pregnancy.  Let's hope it stays that way!!

I'll leave you all with a sneak preview of the chair rail in the nursery.  Looks amazing doesn't it!?!


Hopefully, next week I can post pictures of everything in it's rightful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment